Artists Masaccio, Masolino, Filippino Lippi
Date ca. 1425
Movement Italian Renaissance
Located at Santa Maria del Carmine, Florence
This chapel was commissioned by Felice Brancacci. While it was begun by Masaccio and Masolino, it was later completed by Filippino Lippi. Note Masolino’s Temptation in the upper-right wall of the chapel—his Adam and Eve are presented as serene nudes in diffuse light, a sharp contrast to pair presented by Masaccio in The Expulsion from Paradise.